Born and raised in Wellington, Andy Mitchell has lived in Lower Hutt for 12 years. He and his wife are raising two sons in Naenae. Andy has a professional background in broadcasting and communications, most recently working in the education and community sectors.
An active member of his local community, Andy has been president of Naenae Playcentre and a Board of Trustees member at Rātā Street School. He founded the Naenae Nature Trust to engage locals with protecting and enhancing the natural environment, and the Naenae Residents’ Association to give residents a voice and purpose. An active conservationist, he is also chairperson of Forest & Bird’s Lower Hutt branch.
- Hutt City Council
- Climate Change and Sustainability Committee
- Infrastructure and Regulatory Committee (Deputy Chair)
- Communities Committee
- Policy, Finance and Strategy Committee
- Long Term Plan/Annual Plan Subcommittee
- Traffic Subcommittee
- Audit and Risk Subcommittee
- Wellington Region Climate Change Working Group
- Wellington Regional Waste Minimisation and Management Joint Committee
- Hutt Minoh House Friendship Trust
- Keep Hutt City Beautiful Executive Committee
M: 021 136 1589