Councillor Leigh Sutton was raised and schooled in Pomare/Taita and now lives in Stokes Valley.
A self-employed publisher, Leigh produces the Stokes Valley Times and the Taita Times, along with the popular glossy magazine Vibrant Hutt which showcases the Hutt Valley and its people, businesses, attractions and events.
Leigh served four terms at community committee level including two terms as Chair. She’s the current Chair of Keep Hutt City Beautiful, a Rotarian and long-term Trustee of the Stokes Valley Community Trust.
- City Development Committee (Deputy Chair)
- Finance and Performance Committee (Deputy Chair)
- Policy and Regulatory Committee
- Community Services Committee
- Community Plan Committee
- Civic Honours Committee
- Traffic Subcommittee
- Temporary Road Closure Subcommittee (Deputy Chair)
- Hutt Valley Services Committee (Alternate)
- Lender of the Last Resort Trust Board
- LGNZ Zone 4
- Light Box Selection Panel
- Northern Community Panel
T: 04 563 5184
M: 027 306 8362