I was born in the Hutt Valley and have lived here all my life. I was raised in Taita along with my five siblings and attended Pomare School, Taita Intermediate and Taita College. I have 2 adult children and four mokopuna and live in Stokes Valley with my partner Matt.
I taught at Naenae College for 18 years before taking up a softball development role at Softball NZ.
I have attained success in Softball at the highest level as a NZ player, captain and coach. Recently I was honoured to receive a NZ Order of Merit MNZM 2019 for distinguished service to my sport. I am also the recipient of a Rotary International Paul Harris Fellow Award and a Hutt City Council Civic Honour. I am a Hutt Valley and Wellington Sport Legend and in the NZ Sport Hall of Fame 1999, Softball NZ Hall of Fame 2001 and the International Softball Hall of Fame 2010.
I have a strong community spirit through my connections in sport and enjoy being involved with the multitude of activities my grandchildren are involved in. When time allows, we like to get away in Mere our Motorhome and park somewhere where the fishing and diving is good.
- Hutt City Council
- Regulatory Committee
- Community and Environment Committee
- Policy, Finance and Strategy Committee
- Long Term Plan/Annual Plan Subcommittee
- Traffic Subcommittee
- Audit and Risk Subcommittee
- Hutt Valley Services Committee
- Wellington Regional Amenities Fund Joint Committee (Alternate)
- Hutt City Community Facilities Trust (from February 2020)
M: 021 537 068