I moved to New Zealand from Maldives 24 years ago and live in Lower Hutt with my husband and two young boys. I have owned my multi award business Shazly Experience in Lower Hutt for the last 14 years.
I am the founder of the region’s first purpose-built sustainable hair and beauty salon. It is the only salon in the Hutt Valley recognised by HITO as a ‘Training Champion’ for training New Zealand’s top hairdressing apprentices. I was awarded Wellington region’s most inspirational role model at the Her Business Awards. I am a founding member of Southern End Business Group to revitalise Hutt CBD, an active fundraiser for Te Omanga Hospice and our local schools.
- Hutt City Council
- Audit and Risk Subcommittee
- Climate Change and Sustainability Committee (Deputy Chair)
- Infrastructure and Regulatory Committee
- Communities Committee
- Policy, Finance and Strategy Committee
- Long Term Plan/Annual Plan Subcommittee
- Traffic Subcommittee (Alternate)
- District Licensing Committee (Deputy Chair and list member)
- Creative Communities Panel
- Safe Hutt Valley Governance Group
- Epuni Care and Protection Facility
- Hutt Valley Services Committee
M: 021 266 4822