Councillor Simon Edwards has lived in Belmont since 1989, the year he became editor of The Hutt News at age 26.
He has immensely enjoyed the contact with Hutt residents, organisations and businesses that 27 years’ work at the local newspaper involved. He is now a communications advisor with Federated Farmers and is looking forward to continuing to promote and help the Hutt in every way he can as a first-term councillor.
In his spare time Simon enjoys walking Lily the schnauzer with his wife Lee-Anne, photography, cycling, cooking and movies.
- City Development Committee
- Finance and Performance Committee
- Policy and Regulatory Committee (Deputy Chair)
- Community Services Committee
- Community Plan Committee
- District Licensing Committee
- District Plan Subcommittee
- Civic Honours Committee (Alternate)
- Traffic Subcommittee (Deputy Chair)
- Temporary Road Closures Subcommittee
- CBD Making Places Taskforce
- Central Community Panel
- Civic Precinct Project Steering Group
- Huia Pool Project Control Group
- Hutt City Council representative - Regional Sport and Recreation Strategy for the Wellington Region
- Hutt Valley Lawn Tennis and Squash Trustees (Alternate)
- LGNZ Zone 4
- Safe Hutt Valley Governance Group
T: 04 565 1084
M: 027 484 8892