I was raised in Invercargill and Dunedin but left for the North Island as an 18-year-old to train as a journalist. I met, and eventually married, fellow journalism student Lee-Anne and we have lived in Belmont, Lower Hutt, since 1989. We raised three kids and worked together for many years at the Hutt News, where I was editor from 1989 until 2016.
I represented the Central Ward on Hutt City Council from 2016-2019, and stood as a city-wide councillor for my second term. If there isn’t a council meeting or community event on, I'm likely to be out walking the dogs, gardening or pursuing an interest in craft beers.
- Hutt City Council
- Regulatory Committee
- Community and Environment Committee
- Policy, Finance and Strategy Committee (Chair)
- Long Term Plan/Annual Plan Subcommittee
- District Licensing Committee (Chair)
- Chief Executive’s Employment Subcommittee
- Hutt Valley Flood Management Subcommittee
- Wellington Regional Waste Minimisation and Management Joint Committee (Alternate)
- Property Working Group for Advancing Strategic Projects
- LGNZ Zone 4 (Alternate)
T: 04 565 1084
M: 027 484 8892