What is a submission?
You can make a submission to give your feedback on consultations that we carry out on a regular basis.
A submission is a way that you can have a say on Council’s current consultations. You can make an individual submission, a submission on behalf of a group or a joint submission.
Guidelines to making a submission
If you're new to the concept of making a submission you can find out more by reading our Guide to making a submission (PDF 109 kb) and Guidelines to making a public comment.
View our current consultations to see what is currently open for feedback. These contain the details for each consultation and the relevant forms to send or complete online.
Note: When submitting online you may need to register in the first instance to establish a login which can be used again in the future. Be sure to select the correct consultation if several are displayed.
If you're interested in giving feedback on a project or change but there isn't any public consultation going on right now, we can put you on a mailing list to get updates. Please get in touch with us and we'll help you get through to the right person.
Making a submission
There are different ways you can make a submission.
- You can make a submission online if it is currently open for consultation.
- You can make a submission using the guidelines above and send it by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can make a submission using the guidelines above and sending it by post to: Hutt City Council Private Bag 31912 Lower Hutt 5040
If you're posting feedback to us
- make sure you allow enough time for a letter to reach us before any consultation period finishes
- Make sure your contact details are included if you want to speak to a committee under public comment, or if you'd like to be updated on the timeline, the details of any hearings and the final decisions..
- Be sure to read the guidelines to public comment above.