We’re planning some re-development work at Barton Grove Reserve in Naenae to create an attractive and useable space for the community.
The project will involve installing footpaths and landscaping work.
We’ve had a draft concept drawn up so we can get your thoughts before the plan is finalised and work starts at the reserve.
What is being proposed?
We understand that Barton Grove Reserve can be muddy in wet weather, and the lack of paths mean it isn’t in use as often as it could be.
We believe that the reserve could be a much more pleasant place to play, picnic and connect with nature.
The concept plan proposes:
- Keeping the open grass space in the middle for informal play and other activities
- New footpaths to connect the reserve to the streets around it
- A circuit around the reserve for kids to cycle around on bikes
- A natural play area on the western side with features like balance beams, rocks and stepping stones.
- Planting extra trees
- Adding more seats and picnic tables.
Proposed concept plan for Barton Grove Reserve (PDF 393.4 KB)
Feedback has closed. We’ll review all of your comments and make any required changes to the plan. The final design will be on display at the reserve before work starts.