Download the Urban Growth Strategy (PDF 2 Mb).
The strategy focuses on how much we want the city to grow, where new homes and businesses will be accommodated, and what will be done to support and encourage this development.
Five key areas are highlighted in the strategy that represent our vision for the City’s development:
- growth targets - more people and more homes
- greenfield development - 24 hectares of greenfield residential development in Kelson and Wainuiomata, intensification
- targeted infill housing and growth in low-rise apartments, business
- investigations into the potential for development in the southern portion of Manor Park, and
- financial incentives – lowering upfront costs for homebuyers and developers.
Since this strategy was published in March 2014, funds have been committed to our Making Places project, extensions and additions have been made to our Economic Development Incentive policies, and there have been investigations and investment into the efficiencies of both our main roads and cycleways.
Other related plans and policies available on this website
Growth and Development (Urban Growth Strategy)