Hutt City Council is working on a Wainuiomata Town Centre Framework and Streetscape Plan to:
- Upgrade Queen Street
- Redevelop the Wainuiomata Mall site
- Bring to life elements of the community’s vision for the Wainuiomata Town Centre.
The proposed major upgrade of Queen Street aims to create a space that is vibrant, safe and attractive.
Work on Wainuiomata Town Centre Framework and Streetscape Plan started in late 2020. McIndoe Urban Ltd and Local have been contracted to develop the Queen Street Streetscape Plan.
The plan builds on 2015 Wainuiomata Development Plan (PDF 11.3MB) developed by Love Wainuiomata in collaboration with Council and consultation with the community.
We are now ready to share a concept plan with stakeholders and the Wainuiomata community and seek feedback on different elements of the design.
You can view the plan at Wainuiomata library, through the survey or the PDFs below.
Full document: Wainuiomata Town Centre Framework and Streetscape Plan (PDF 101.6MB)
How to provide your feedback
Feedback is open from Tuesday 6 April to Thursday 6 May.
You can provide feedback by:
- Filling in a feedback form available at Wainuiomata Library
- Attending a 10 year plan consultation meeting on Thursday 15 April, 5pm-7pm, at the Wainuiomata Community Hub
- Filling in the Wainuiomata Town Centre online survey.
A summary of the feedback we receive will be available on the website at the end of May.