Your resource kit – CommunityNet’s hands-on internet resource
Visit CommunityNet Aotearoa’s website for everything you need to know about getting your organisation started, running successful projects and developing good practice in the voluntary sector.
About the resource kit
This practical kit has been designed as a one-stop ‘how to’ guide for all community groups throughout New Zealand by the Ministry of Social Development and the Department of Internal Affairs.
Finding out about community training courses
- If your organisation would like information about training courses in Hutt City or would like to recommend training that isn’t available at the moment, please get in touch with us.
- You could also contact Volunteer Hutt who provide a wide range of training in the Hutt.
- Hutt City Council supports community groups by subsidising first aid training courses. Read the application form (PDF 56kb) which includes guidelines for applicants.
Your community newsletter
We have a Community newsletter that keeps you informed of upcoming events, training, funding and council activities.
Sign up to receive our newsletter, just email us.
We’re here to help
If your community group needs some advice and support, we’re here to help.
You could get in touch with us for:
- Providing strategic direction
- Supporting community initiatives
- Accessing training courses
- Developing business plans
- Supporting network groups
- Assisting with new initiatives
- Administering funding schemes
- Assistance with completing funding application forms
- Getting funding advice
- Providing information on community groups
- Finding meeting spaces for groups
- Supporting the city’s youth council, Youth Infusion, and the Hutt Youth Worker’s Network
- Supporting youth projects
- Supporting community safety initiatives
- Helping refugees and migrants to get information and support services
- Graffiti vandalism removal