Applications are open all year round. A maximum of $5,000 per application.
Funding criteria and priorities – what we’re looking for
To apply for funding you or your organisation need to be an incorporated society, trust or association and eligible to receive funding. Or you may apply under an appropriate umbrella organisation.
Find out if your event fits our criteria and meets our priorities.
What are we looking for in an application?
We are looking to support projects/events that:
- Are seeking funding to the value of $5,000 or less
- Will use funding to run an actual event
- Will be held in a public place within Hutt City and be of benefit to the Hutt City community
- Are open to everyone, not just particular sectors of the community
- Make a positive contribution to our community outcomes, as listed in the current Long Term Council Community Plan (LTCCP)
- Are free or low cost to attend
- Haven’t started before the application has been assessed
- Show how they are of benefit to Hutt City residents
What sorts of things do we consider when we’re assessing your application?
When we’re going through your application we look at things like:
- Whether it meets the overall goals of the fund
- Whether it contributes to the LTCCP outcomes
- How well you did with any previous council grants
- The support you have from the community for your application – in the form of funds raised, volunteer support and other donations and support
- Other possible sources of funding available to your organisation or group, and your fundraising capabilities
- How well your organisation or group complies with relevant legislative requirements and standards of good practice
- The level of existing funding support you currently receive from the council
- The amount applied for compared to the overall event budget
- If you have applied to any other funding source for the same purpose
The purpose of funding – what we will and won’t fund
What types of event costs will we fund?
We’ll fund event costs such as:
- Production costs, including venue and equipment hire
- Advertising and promotional costs, including use of our signboards
What types of event costs won’t we fund?
We won’t fund event costs that go towards:
- Facility development of funding for capital works
- Eliminating or servicing debt
- Administration costs, such as telephone, electricity, employment costs and vehicle costs
- Prize money
- Food and beverage
- Feasibility studies
- Uniforms, costumes or T-shirts
- Retrospective costs for events which have already taken place
- Events of a primarily political or religious nature (although some in-kind support may be available)
Make an application online
You can only apply for funding online.