Things to consider before you apply
- Read all the background information and criteria?
- Made sure your project is eligible for funding?
- Included the relevant supporting documentation?
- Observed the deadline?
To make an application you’ll need to:
- Complete your application through the online system
- Attach one letter of community support for your organisation, signed, dated and less than six months old, from someone not involved or connected in any way to your organisation
- Have legal status, be working under an umbrella organisation with legal status or be actively working towards legal status
What if I’m applying for salaries?
If you’re applying for funds for salaries (organisations with legal status only), you’ll need to include:
- A current job description, signed, dated and less than two years old, or a proposed job description
- A current employment contract, signed, dated and less than two years old
Make an application
You can only apply for Heritage funding online. Apply at - http://huttcitycouncilgrants.force.com/
For help with applications or if you need more information, please get in touch or email mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org.
Assessment of your application
Our Community Grants Committee will assess and make decisions on applications to the Heritage Fund.
They will take the following into consideration when assessing applications:
- Whether the application complies with the criteria and purposes of the Heritage Fund
- Whether the organisation or individual contributes to the outcomes in the Hutt
- Compatibility with community outcomes in the council’s Long Term Council Community Plan (LTCCP)
- The level of compliance with any previous grant from Hutt City Council
- The ability of the organisation or individual to successfully deliver the services (demonstrated by the adequacy of the organisation's structures, its financial and management practices and previous track record for services or projects)
- The organisation’s or individual’s compliance with all relevant legislative requirements
How long will the decision process take?
It takes six to eight weeks approximately to assess your application.