Neighbourhood Support groups are a great way to get to know your neighbours.
A Neighbourhood Support group will:
- Encourage neighbours to talk to each other
- Foster a sense of community spirit, where everyone is respected and valued
- Assist those with disabilities, older people and those who live on their own
- Identify the strengths and skills of neighbours
- Empower and educate neighbours to take responsibility for their own safety
- Support victims of crime
- Minimise burglaries in the local area
- Reduce graffiti and vandalism
- Reduce violence
- Promote fire safety and accident prevention
If you are interested in starting a Neighbourhood Support group or finding out about an existing group in your area please contact Kelsey Scarr, Hutt Safe City Group Co-ordinator/Manager, 560 2622, firstname.lastname@example.org, Lower Hutt Police Station.