Deputy Mayor and chair of the Finance and Audit Committee David Bassett, says the fund is one way council supports the important work of community groups across the city.
“The Community Development Fund was established to assist eligible community groups with their operating costs.
“These groups do a fantastic job, often voluntarily, to make a positive difference in our city and I’m proud we can offer them this support,” he says.
The Community Development Fund will open again early next year. For more information about the fund and eligibility criteria visit www.huttcity.govt.nz/funding You’ll also find details of other funds available.
A list of all 2011/12 Community Development Fund recipients is below.
2011/12 Community Development Fund recipients:
- Anglican Social Services (Hutt Valley)Trust Board: $4,300
- Arthritis NZ: $5,000
- Barnados NZ: $4,400
- Birthright Hutt Valley Inc: $4,300
- Epilepsy Assoc of NZ Wellington Branch: $4,472
- Hutt Bridge Club Inc: $4,200
- Hutt Rape Counselling Network: $3,800
- Laura Fergusson Trust Wellington Inc: $4,100
- Lower Hutt Women’s Centre: $3,700
- Mafutaga Siumu Ueligitone Inc: $3,500
- Male Survivors of Sexual abuse Trust: $4,800
- Multicultural Learning and Support Services Society Inc: $4,300
- Naenae Youth Charitable Trust: $5,000
- Parent to Parent Wellington Region: $3,800
- Parkinsonism Society Wellington Inc: $4,700
- Pomare 2000 Inc: $3,800
- Prison Fellowship NZ Trust: $4,300
- Refugee Services Aotearoa NZ: $3,800
- Relationship Services Inc: $3,900
- Royal NZ Foundation of the Blind: $5,000
- Take 5 & Te Whare Marama Inc: $3,700
- The Hearing Assoc Hutt Valley Inc: $4,800
- The Paladin Project Charitable Trust: $ 4,600
- The Wellington City Mission (Anglican) Trust Board: $5,828
- Thumbs UP Charitable Trust: $4,000
- Transition Town Lower Hutt: $4,600
- Victim Support – Lower Hutt: $4,500
- Volunteer Hutt: $4,700
- Wellington Gay Welfare Group: $4,900
- Wellington Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Inc: $3,800
- WellTrust: $4,700
- Wharekai Pepe Trust: $4,100
- YMCA of Greater Wellington: $3,600