This fund is for individuals and community groups running activities and events that bring people into the Naenae Town Centre. Find out how to apply.
About the Naenae Town Centre Activation Fund
There is a total of $10,000 available from 1 July 2021 until 30 June 2022 with $1,000 available per project.
You can apply for more than one project, providing your first one has been completed. Organisations and individuals can only apply for up to 3 projects per year.
- be based in Lower Hutt
- provide services that are accessible to a wide range of people or have a clearly defined target group.
The grants can be used for operational and administration costs eg:
- marketing materials (flyers, posters, advertisements)
- equipment hire
- artist fees/personnel costs.
- Promotion of an organisation’s religious, ethical, commercial or political views
- Involve buying land or buildings or carrying out maintenance on buildings
- Duplicate services that are already covered by Council or by government agencies eg, health or education providers
- Activities that have already begun or have already finished
- The redistribution of funds to others at the applicant’s discretion
- Fundraising or legal costs
- Involve capital investments or trust funds
- Prize money
If you're successful you need to:
- use our funds only for the approved purpose, in accordance with any terms and conditions we've set
- use the funds within 3 months of being notified of the decision
- let us know right away if you're unable to deliver your project
- let us know right away if any of the funds are stolen or misused
- we have the right to audit how the funds were used
- complete an evaluation about your project. This outlines how the funds were used and how the community benefitted.
- complete a funding accountability report to detail how the funding helped your organisation and community.