Find out about what you can do at Percy Scenic Reserve, where it is, and how to request a booking.
This park offers a mix of tracks, lawns and gardens in a compact location. The reserve has links to the earliest settlement in our area. It has historic plant collections of scientific significance and plays an active role in preserving New Zealand’s plants.
Note: Dogs and mountain biking are not allowed.
You’ll find Percy Scenic Reserve at 5 Dowse Drive, Maungaraki.
The reserve offers:
- gardens in a park/native bush setting
- open lawns for picnics, passive events and photographs
- 45 free car parks and two free coach parks off Dowse Drive
- bush walking tracks of varying grades and lengths, accessible from Dowse Drive, Stanhope Grove and Korokoro Road
- regenerating gullies and endangered plant collection
- ornamental replica mill waterwheel
- wētā cave
- covered picnic tables
- public toilets
- connecting tracks to Ratanui, the previous homestead of Sir James Hector
- links to Frank Cameron Park
Percy Scenic Reserve is open all day, every day, all year round. The car park is open from dawn to dusk every day.
- Telephone: 04 570 6666 | 0800 HUTT CITY
- Email: email@example.com