Find out about what you can do at Lions Park, where it is, and how to request a booking.
Tucked in behind the dunes, you'll find this marine-themed, ship-shaped playground in the middle of the Petone Foreshore. Lions Park is named after the Petone Lions because of the ongoing support they have given the Park. It’s one of many parks that make up the Petone Foreshore.
You’ll find Lions Park on the Petone Foreshore, at the intersection of The Esplanade and Marine Parade, with a rear entrance near Jessie Street.
- a marine-themed playground with slides, roundabouts, swings and climbers
- picnic facilities overlooking Petone beach
- a lunch shop in the Lions Kiosk
- a miniature railway next to the playground that provides rides for the general public
- public toilets
- beach access
- walkways through to Hikoikoi Scenic Reserve
The Lions Park playground is open all day, every day, all year round.
Lunch shop hours
- Monday to Friday: 8am – 4pm
- Sunday: 10am – 5pm
- Telephone: 04 570 6666 | 0800 HUTT CITY
- Email: email@example.com