Find out about what you can do at Riddiford Garden, where it is, and how to request a booking.
Riddiford Garden is spread over 3.2 hectares near the heart of the city’s CBD and is one of the oldest horticultural parks in Hutt City, dating from 1923. It's one of the most significant areas of green space in the city centre, containing a large open lawn and established trees, a children’s playground, a war monument, and a conservatory.
Riddiford Garden is right by the War Memorial Library, the Lower Hutt Events Centre, Council’s main Laings Road building and Queens Drive.
- a cenotaph war memorial
- fully accessible modern public toilets with a baby change facility
- Riddiford Pavilion: a kiosk that community groups can book
- a basketball half court and skater-friendly space
- a permanent outdoor table tennis table
- two free electric BBQ plates under a shade canopy
- stream, gardens and mature trees
- lawns and picnic spaces
- playground for preschool children
- play water feature
- Gibbes Watson Conservatory at the Myrtle Street side of the garden
- Telephone: 04 570 6666 | 0800 HUTT CITY
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org