Find out about the Seaview Outfall project that we completed around consents about discharging wastewater to the Waiwhetu Steam.
About the Seaview Outfall
The resource consents for temporary discharges of treated wastewater from the Seaview Wastewater Treatment Plant to the Waiwhetu Stream expired on 1 February 2018.
The consents were for the temporary discharge of treated wastewater:
- when the main outfall pipeline is being repaired, and
- to the Waiwhetu Stream during and/or immediately after heavy rain events when flows exceed the capacity of the main outfall pipeline and the storm tank system is fully utilised.
We looked at the possible options for the temporary discharges of the treated wastewater. This included talking to the community and stakeholders about options for their input. Their feedback formed part of the consent application.
This project ran from 2016 to 2017.
- Temporary Discharge Preliminary Assessment - 13 January 2017 (PDF 139 kb)
- Waiwhetu Discharge Nitrogen Treatment - November 2016 (PDF 412 kb)
- Main Outfall Pipeline Condition Report - August 2016 (PDF 1.04 Mb)
- Hutt River dye test - 25 November 2016 (PDF 546 kb)
- Seaview Outfall Consultation - Issue 2 - October 2016 (PDF 83 kb)
- Outfall Options Assessment Ecology for Consultation (PDF 3 Mb)