About the Community Engagement Fund
Community boards receive a set amount of funding to give out to applicants each financial year.
Applications must support the Local Community Plan (if there is one) and also core Council business identified in our Long Term Plan.
Community Engagement Fund Information Sheet (PDF 231.4 KB).
- have legal status as charitable trusts or incorporated societies that have the right to receive or administer charitable funding
- be based in Hutt City
- be planning an event/activity in Hutt City.
Hutt City Council made budgetary provisions in 2021/2022 of $48,850 per annum through the Community Boards/Funding Panels as follows:
In its draft Annual Plan 2023/24, Council is proposing to reduce spending on some non-urgent projects and work programmes in response to current economic challenges. This includes reducing the money available in the Local Projects Fund (by 50%) in this triennium and changing the way this fund and the Community Engagement Fund are distributed.
We don't fund activities that:
- promote an organisation’s religious, ethical, commercial or political views
- involve buying land or buildings or carrying out maintenance on buildings
- duplicate services that are already covered by Council or by government agencies eg, health or education providers
- have already begun or have already finished
- involve the redistribution of funds to others at the applicant’s discretion
- involve fundraising or legal costs
- involve capital investments or trust funds
- go towards prize money
- are operational costs eg, salaries, wages, rent, power.
How to apply
- Fill in our online form
Past successful applicants
|Community engagement successful applicants 2023-24
|Community engagement successful applicants 2019-20
|Community engagement successful applicants 2018-19