This fund supports new ideas. Find out about how to apply and the kinds of projects that can get funding.
About the Kākano Fund
The Kākano Fund has $70,000 to give out to projects in Hutt City per year. Funding decisions are made by Council officers, with decisions made within 10 days of the fund closing for the month.
We bring all successful recipients of the Kākano fund together at a specified date so that you can report on the results of your idea in person to us and to your peers.
What we fund
we fund projects and activities that:
- use collaborative approaches
- are from well managed organisations
- use innovative approaches
- have community ownership
- for new initiatives, never been done before by your organisation.
Successful applicants must:
- use our funds only for the approved purpose, in accordance with any terms and conditions we've set
- use the funds within 10 months of receiving approval
- let us know at once if any difficulty or potential difficulty arises that might compromise the service or project
- complete an online Accountability Report no later than six weeks after completing the project and outline how the funds were used and how the community benefited
- lay a complaint with Police if any funds are stolen or misappropriated, and then notify us
- recognise our support in your publicity material, annual reports and similar publications.
How to apply
Note: before you get started we recommend you get in contact with the Funding Advisor to check whether your new initiative or project would fit within this fund.
The fund closes on the 20th of each month. The fund will be open all year until it is fully allocated.
You will need to provide quotes to support your request and meet with a funding officer to discuss your application.
Fill in our online form
Successful Kākano Fund applicants (PDF 95.8 KB)