Traffic light settings have been removed

As of 13 September 2022, masks are no longer required to be worn at Council sites.

We support and respect those staff, contractors or visitors who want to continue to wear them while at our sites, or undertaking work on our behalf.

If you are unwell, we still ask that you stay home, test and rest. We look forward to seeing you again when you're feeling better.

See the official COVID-19 website for more information.

Speaking at Council meetings

Council, committee and subcommittee meetings and briefings take place in person and online.  They are available to view through Council’s Facebook page.

You can speak at a meeting via Zoom. For more information contact

It's important you stay home and get tested if you develop symptoms of COVID-19. Self-isolate for the required time to stop any potential spread of the virus.

While masks are no longer required, we support and respect those staff, contractors or visitors who want to continue to wear them in our venues.

Getting Vaccinated

Vaccination is another way to protect yourself from severe illness of COVID.

For details on local vaccination centres and hours view the COVID-19 Vaccination in the Hutt and book a vaccine

The latest information can be found on the Unite Against COVID-19 website or the Unite Against COVID social media channels.

If you are unwell

If you are unwell with COVID then:

  • stay home
  • if required self-isolate for the recommended period.
  • do not immediately attend a vaccination centre.
  • contact Healthline on 0800 358 5453.

In the Hutt Valley, call (04) 576 8619 between 9am and 4pm on weekdays to book your test.

Please visit the Hutt Valley DHB website for a full list of testing locations and hours.

If you're not sure if you need a test or want further advice call Healthline on 0800 358 5453.

Getting Help

If you need food, there's a Hutt Valley Emergency Kai Collective place near you that can help. View the foodbank support page for more details.

You can also get financial assistance for food, accommodation, power through Work and Income by calling 0800 559 009 or online at MyMSD

If you're struggling to pay your rates:

Help for low-income households 

Work and Income

It’s OK to ask for help. As we work through this together, there are people and agencies able to support you. There’s a range of advice, help, or support if you need it like the ones below.

Youthline provides support for young people - Call 0800 376 633, free text 234 or email

If you are elderly, then call Age Concern on 0800 65 2105 to get advice.

Whānau Ora helps whānau access health and welfare services, call them on 0800 929 282.

If you're feeling down, anxious, a bit overwhelmed or just need to chat to someone call 1737.

Frequently Asked Questions

For more information please see our COVID FAQ's

For more information

See the official Unite Against Covid 19 website

Contact details

  • Telephone: 04 570 6666