Published: 22 September 2022
On the 26 September public holiday to honour the life and service of Queen Elizabeth II, Hutt City Council will have reduced services.
Key services information:
- The contact centre will be closed for general enquiries, but residents can call 04 570 6666 or 0800 488 824 for urgent issues
- Neighbourhood Hubs and Libraries, pools and the Laings Rd administration building will be closed
- Animal service centres at Seaview and Moa Point will be closed
- The Dowse and Petone Settlers Museum will be closed (they are always closed on a Monday)
- All Council carparks will be free of charge
- Rubbish and recycling will be collected as usual
- Silverstream Landfill will be open 8am-6pm (Daylight Savings public holiday hours)
For more information on all of Council’s facility hours and services visit hutt.city/contactus
Keep an eye on our Facebook page @HuttCityCouncil for updates too.
Visit www.metlink.org.nz for details about the public holiday timetables for bus and train services.