About this plan change
District Plan Change 39 reviewed the transport provisions of the District Plan. It contained a complete review of Chapter 14A Transport (including the standards referred to in the chapter) as well as the other transport provisions throughout the Plan.
The main reasons for the plan change were:
- Council's obligation to review District Plan provisions at least every 10 years;
- The need to update the District Plan to give effect to the Regional Policy Statement, particularly in regard to:
- Regionally significant infrastructure;
- Travel demand management; and
- Integration of land use and transport;
- The previous transport provisions of the Plan focussed on private car transport and did not suitably address active travel modes;
- Previous car parking requirements were unduly restrictive of development; and
- The Plan referred to engineering standards that were often superseded.
District Plan provisions affected by the plan change were:
- All of Chapter 14A - Transport;
- All District Plan Maps; and
- Parts of Chapters 3, 4A, 4B, 4D, 4E, 5A, 5B, 5C, 6A, 6C, 6D, 7B, 8A, 8B, 9A, 10A, 11, 13, 14, 14J 14K and 14L.
District Plan Change 39 became operative on 27 March 2018.
|Steps||Status of each step||Related documents|
Publicly notified 4 October 2016.
Submissions closed on 4 November 2016.
|Proposed Plan Change 39 and Section 32 Evaluation/Report (PDF 18 Mb)|
|Further submissions||Publicly notified 17 January 2017.|
Further submissions closed on 1 February 2017.
|Summary of Submissions and Further Submissions (PDF 541 kb)|
|Hearing||Hearing held on 28 September 2017.||Hearing Minute No.1 (PDF 398 kb)|
|Decision||Publicly notified on 16 January 2018.||Decision (PDF 1.4 Mb)|
Public Notice of Decision (PDF 30 kb)
|Operative date||27 March 2018.||Sign and Seal (PDF 155 kb)|
Please contact us if you have any questions about this change.