Point Howard slip – March 2023
Page last updated: 20 March, 5:45pm
There has been a large slip on Howard Road in Point Howard, Eastbourne that is currently affecting road access to a number of properties.
If you have any safety concerns or believe you or someone else is in danger, please call 111.
We’ll keep this page updated, as well as our social media channels.
- Howard Road is now OPEN, with single-lane access past the slip site (residents access only)
- Please note that only lightweight vehicles such as cars, vans, utes, SUVs, and 4WDs are able to access the road above the slip site, vehicles must have a maximum width of no more than 2.2m wide.
- All vehicles must be driven past the slip site at a maximum of 10km/h and utes, SUVs, and 4WDs cannot carry additional heavy loads.
Rubbish and Recycling
- For residents above the slip site, there will now be large 660L bins located outside 59 Howard Rd for shared use that will be collected multiple times each week.
- Rubbish: Collected Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
- Recycling: Collected Tuesdays, and Fridays.
- These bins are not for use by the wider public, we ask that people please be understanding of the fact that residents impacted by the slip need this service.
- Glass crates - Residents should continue to bring their blue crates to the collection point on their normal fortnightly collection day.
- The Boil Water Notice that was in place has been lifted, as of 3:20pm Sunday 19 March.
- If you left your property during the week to stay elsewhere temporarily, please run a cold tap to flush your pipes when you get home.
- Please check the Wellington Water Facebook page for full updates.
- Wellington Electricity report that power was restored to affected households in Point Howard on Tuesday (14 March) evening.
- You can find more information about any planned outages on Wellington Electricity’s website: welectricity.co.nz/outages/planned