We collaborate with Lower Hutt's business sectors to improve local business success and boost the regional economy.
Our Business and Economy team is here to help our city's economy to thrive. We want to see businesses succeed, innovate, create jobs, and have a positive impact on our communities, climate, and environment. We are connected to trusted experts and networks to help businesses find the support they need.
We can link you to our work including:
- growing job pathways and skills with industry, training organisations and schools.
- helping build our reputation and skills as a hub for cutting-edge science, technology, engineering and manufacturing business. Hutt Science / Innovative Young Minds.
- facilitating business development, business start-ups and mentoring in collaboration with The Settlement, Callaghan Innovation and WellingtonNZ
- promoting our people and places through the HuttValleyNZ partnership with Upper Hutt City Council and WellingtonNZ.
- contributing to a regional economic development plan and projects together with regional economic development organisations and local business associations
Local business networks
We’re part of a larger ecosystem, working with local business neighbourhoods, regional and central government agencies. We partner with several business groups that can offer your localised advice, tips and connections including Jackson Street Programme, Love Wainuiomata Inc, Seaview Business Association and the South End Business Group.
Growing your business
The Hutt Valley Chamber of Commerce offers expert business advice, guidance, and training with an active networking programme.
WellingtonNZ is the regional economic development agency for the greater Wellington region. Their business support team can help you access tools, information and advice to build your capability in finance, marketing, planning, structure and process improvement.
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: +64 04 570 6666 | 0800 488 824