You need to have a building inspection before we can give you a Code Compliance Certificate. Find out how to book one.
We do building inspections to check that what you're building matches what's in the building consent.
When we process your building consent application we estimate the type and number of inspections you'll need for your project.
These inspections are covered in the fee you paid before receiving your consent. Once your building consent application is approved, we'll send you a Building Consent Approval Letter letting you know when your building will be inspected and at the different stages of your building project.
Inspections will need to be booked at various stages during building work.
It's your responsibility to make sure inspections are done, so you'll need talk to your tradespeople about booking them.
If you have multiple inspections to book, we may be able to combine them into one visit.
You'll need the:
- Building Consent number
- address of the property where the work is being done
- type of inspection needed
- name and phone number of the on-site contact person.
Note: All building inspections must be completed before we can give you a Code Compliance Certificate.
There's often a wait time of 1 week before we can get out to your site for an inspection. This is because we have a lot of inspections to do.
Note: We need at least 24 hours’ notice for an inspection subject to availability.
- After every inspection the inspector will email a site report to you.
- The report will state if you've passed or failed.
- If you've failed the inspection, you’ll need to fix the problem and book a re-inspection. There could be instances where the inspector will state a conditional continuation of building work on the report. This means the inspector may allow work that is unaffected by the non-compliant work to continue, but the non-compliant work will needs to be fixed and then re-inspected.
- If the problem is severe you may be issued with a Notice to Fix
For more information
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +64 04 570 6666 | 0800 488 824