What you need to know
You can make payments by:
- direct debit
- internet or phone banking
- our online portal
- Eftpos or cash
For more information, go to ways to pay your rates
- We may be able to help with a payment plan or postponement
- If you're on a low income, you may be eligible for a rates rebate
- Council offers a range of rates remissions (reduction in rates) including remissions for Māori and protected land, community, sports and other organisations, and economic development
For more information, go to support for rates payment
As part of our Annual Plan, we asked for your views about the spending we’re planning and the amount we may need to charge ratepayers. Rates increases have been made to ensure the costs outlined in the Annual Plan are covered.
Read more about how we use your rates
Something seems incorrect on my invoice
Let us know if the bins you have don't match your rates invoice by filling out our online form
If you have provided an email address you will receive two emails:
- one with a copy of your request details
- one with instructions for how to set a password and check the status of your request online
If you only provided a phone number we will call you within the next 10 working days.
If you need to update your contact details, email your request to email@example.com with your:
- Contact phone number
- Property account number
- Postal address
Each separate unit on a property gets charged targeted rates for water, wastewater, recycling and refuse as essential services.