Other legislation to consider

Find out if there is any other legislation you may need to consider.

You may need to consider other legislation for example the Resource Management Act. Sometimes building work may not proceed if a resource consent is required and has not been obtained. We recommend that you speak to your designer to ensure that all approvals required for your project are applied for. It is important to discuss your proposal and any requirements that may be necessary with the appropriate council officer during the planning stage, before you apply for a building consent.

Examples of where the RMA may affect your proposed building work include: