Get resource consent help

Find out where to go for advice and information on all resource consent matters in Hutt City.

You can book a pre-application meeting with us to talk about your proposal before you submit a resource consent application. '

These meetings can save you time and money in the long run.

Book a pre-application meeting

Resource consent applications can be very complex. Depending on the project, they might need a lot of technical detail too. We recommend that you use a planning consultancy, surveyor or architect to apply for resource consent for you.

Do a Google search to find a local professional who can help.

Te Rūnanga o Toa Rangatira



Te Rūnanga o Toa Rangatira is the mandated iwi authority of Ngāti Toa Rangatira. If you’d like to engage with them on your consent application or other matters, please fill out the website form here.

Please note that this is not one of Hutt City Councils services, but it is available to the public wanting to engage with Iwi.

Contact details