LIM Processing Delays
We are experiencing high volumes of LIM requests and are unable to accept FAST Track LIM Applications at this time. We are experiencing multiple resourcing difficulties and are NOT processing LIMS within 10-working days. It may take closer to 20 working days (more for Commercial LIMs)
We apologise in advance and are working hard to get through this.
By Law, LIMS processing clock stops between Monday 20 December 2021 and Monday 10 January 2022. Any LIM report ordered during this period will be deemed as being received on Monday 10th January 2022.
Find out why you might need a Land Information Memorandum (LIM) and how to get one.
A Land Information Memorandum (LIM) is a report you can get on a residential or commercial property. Most people order LIMs before they buy or sell a home. It's part of the due diligence process and it can help you streamline the sale process with one less condition on the sale.
Example LIM Report (PDF 16 MB)
Council can only provide information that it holds on record. If the property has had building work done without consent, flooding, slippage, meth contamination or other issues that we’re not aware of – it might not show on the LIM.
A LIM includes:
- current Certificate of Title
- deposited plan
- building permit and building consent plans
- plumbing and drainage plans
- any Code Compliance Certificates that Council holds
- resource consents
- district Plan information (activity areas/zones, protected trees, historic sites, designations and significant archaeological, natural or cultural resources)
- hazard information (reported flooding, slipping, erosion and past contamination)
- rates information
- weathertight homes information (leaky buildings)
- earthquake-prone status of buildings.
- tsunami zones
- rubbish collection day
- private swimming pool information
- notices issued to the property (noise, unconsented work etc.)
- methamphetamine (meth) contamination.
What a LIM contains (PDF 141KB)
LIM application form (PDF 1.05MB)
For residential properties, you can request a fast-track service for an additional fee. This speeds up the turnaround to 5 working days, instead of the standard 10 days.
Conditions apply for fast-track applications. Sometimes we need to withdraw the fast-track service if we receive a lot of applications at once. We'll let you know if we can't fast-track it.
If you’ve applied for a standard LIM within the last two working days and would like to fast-track it, get in touch.
All fees include GST.
Residential property LIM
Fast Track LIM (Residential only – processed in 5 days.)
Commercial property LIM
$600 (Additional processing time: $175 per hour.)
If you’d like to cancel the processing of your LIM, let us know as soon as possible by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
You might receive a partial refund:
- within 24 hrs: $250
- 1-3 working days: $200
- 4-5 working days: $150
- after 5 working days: $70.
You can order a LIM online. All you need is the address and a way to pay the fee.
You can pay for a LIM:
- by secure online payment on our website (includes credit card and bank account payment)
- in person at Council's main building 30 Laings Road, Lower Hutt.
We send out electronic copies that you can print if you need to.
LIMs are completed within 10 working days after the day you apply. If you apply after close of business, your application will be processed the following working day.
Working days do not include:
- public holidays
- the period between 20 December and 10 January.
- Email: LIM.email@example.com
- Telephone: Phone: 4 570 6666 | 0800 HUTT CITY (24/7 - 7 Days)