LIM Processing Times
We are experiencing high volumes of LIM requests and are unable to accept FAST Track LIM Applications at this time. While we are working hard to issue Residential LIM Reports in 10 working days, it may take up to 3 days over this time-frame.
We apologise in advance for any inconvenience caused.
Working days do not include Saturday and Sunday, Wellington Anniversary Day, Waitangi Day, Good Friday, Easter Monday, Anzac Day, Queen's Birthday, Te Rā Aro ki a Matariki/Matariki Observance Day, or Labour Day. If Waitangi Day or Anzac Day falls on a Saturday or Sunday the following Monday is not a working day.
Working days also exclude any day in the period commencing with 20 December of any year and ending with 10 January in the following year.
Find out why you might need a Land Information Memorandum (LIM) and how to get one.
A Land Information Memorandum (LIM) is a report you can get on a residential or commercial property. Most people order LIMs before they buy or sell a home. It's part of the due diligence process and it can help you streamline the sale process with one less condition on the sale.
Example LIM Report (PDF 16 MB)
Council can only provide information that it holds on record. If the property has had building work done without consent, flooding, slippage, meth contamination or other issues that we’re not aware of – it might not show on the LIM.
A LIM includes:
- current Certificate of Title
- deposited plan
- building permit and building consent plans
- plumbing and drainage plans
- any Code Compliance Certificates that Council holds
- resource consents
- district Plan information (activity areas/zones, protected trees, historic sites, designations and significant archaeological, natural or cultural resources)
- hazard information (reported flooding, slipping, erosion and past contamination)
- rates information
- weathertight homes information (leaky buildings)
- earthquake-prone status of buildings.
- tsunami zones
- rubbish collection day
- private swimming pool information
- notices issued to the property (noise, unconsented work etc.)
- methamphetamine (meth) contamination.
What a LIM contains (PDF 141KB)
Note: Due to a high volume of LIM requests Fast-track LIMs are not currently available.
For residential properties, you can request a fast-track service for an additional fee. This speeds up the turnaround to 5 working days, instead of the standard 10 days.
Conditions apply for fast-track applications. Sometimes we need to withdraw the fast-track service if we receive a lot of applications at once. We'll let you know if we can't fast-track it.
All fees include GST.
|2021/2022 Fee||2022/2023 Fee|
|Residential property LIM||$370.00||$380.00|
|Fast Track LIM (Residential only – processed in 5 days)||Not currently available ($500 when available)||$525.00 when available|
|Commercial property LIM||$600.00||$650.00|
|Additional processing (per hour)||$175.00||$185.00|
If you’d like to cancel the processing of your LIM, let us know as soon as possible by emailing email@example.com.
You might receive a partial refund:
- within 24 hrs: $250
- 1-3 working days: $200
- 4-5 working days: $150
- after 5 working days: $70.
You can order a LIM online. All you need is the address and a way to pay the fee.
You can pay for a LIM:
- by secure online payment on our website (includes credit card and bank account payment)
- in person at Council's main building 30 Laings Road, Lower Hutt.
We send out electronic copies that you can print if you need to.
LIMs are completed within 10 working days after the day you apply. If you apply after close of business, your application will be processed the following working day.
Working days do not include:
- public holidays
- the period between 20 December and 10 January.
- Email: LIM.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: Phone: 4 570 6666 | 0800 HUTT CITY (24/7 - 7 Days)