Find out the fees and charges that apply for a resource consent.
Resource consent fees
Here’s where you’ll find the fees we charge (PDF 81KB) in relation to resource consents.
All fees include GST and are payable under section 36 of the Resource Management Act 1991.
- application fees
- subdivision fees
- environmental sustainability initiative fees (fees waived and reduced for initiatives such as solar heating and power systems, double glazing and rainwater tanks)
- other fees
The resource consent application fees cover only the cost of processing your application. If we approve your application you might also have to pay:
- additional processing fees
- consultants’, advisors’ and specialists’ fees (at cost)
- the costs of disbursements, such as venue hire for hearings, photocopying, catering, postage and public notifications (at cost)
- monitoring fees while the work's underway, to cover costs for site visits, research, photos, communications and administration