Other legislations to consider

Find out if there are other legislations you may need to consider.

You may need to consider other legislations for example the Resource Management Act (RMA). Sometimes building work may not proceed if a resource consent is required and has not been obtained. We recommend you speak to your designer to ensure all approvals required for your project are applied for. It is important to discuss your proposal and any requirements that may be necessary with the appropriate council officer before planning/commencing work.