On 17 April 2020, Central Government announced an amendment to the Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012.
We are now unable to issue new liquor licences, or renew existing licenses without reports from the New Zealand Police and the Medical Officer of Health.
We’re mindful that this is likely to have serious implications for business operators, and we will do everything we can to speed up the licensing process. As long as you apply for the renewal of your liquor license before it has expired, you can continue to operate.
We can still process and report on applications up to the point of granting approval.
We now offer the option of posting your public notices on our website. The fee for this service is $140.
Alcohol licencing income and expenditure
- 1 July 2020 - 30 June 2021 (PDF 53.2KB)
- 1 July 2019 - 30 June 2020 (PDF 42KB)
- 1 July 2018 - 30 June 2019 (PDF 161.5KB)
- 1 July 2017 - 30 June 2018 (PDF 157KB)
- 1 July 2016 - 30 June 2017 (PDF 122KB)
For more information
If you'd like to discuss your licence with a Licensing Inspector, you can book an appointment online.
Decisions of the Hutt City Licencing Committee
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: (04) 570 6666 / 0800 Hutt City