If you're planning to operate an amusement device such as a ferris wheel, you'll need to get a permit from us.
Before you apply for a permit, you need to make sure you have a correct Certificate of Registration from WorkSafe.
Check if the premises are consented (for new premises)
If you're applying for permanent use of an amusement device in a new premises, you'll need to contact our resource consents team to ensure the business you are proposing is permitted in the location.
There may be special requirements like set operating hours or car parking provisions.
Check if your planned structural or plumbing changes require inspection (for new and existing premises)
If you're applying for permanent use of an amusement device in new or existing premises, you'll need to contact our building consents team if you're planning to make structural changes or intending to change how the building is used.
While you prepare your application, you'll need to speak to us about your requirements - get in touch with us.
When you're ready to apply:
- Fill in one of the following forms:
- One-off use of amusement device application form (PDF 128 kb)
- Permanent use of amusement device application form (PDF 309 kb)
- Get the following ready to submit with your application form:
- Email your completed application form along with any relevant attachments.
- Once we've processed your application, a Certificate of Registration valid for one year will be sent to you.
Please ask us how long it's likely to take to process your application, as this can vary depending on your situation and requirements.
Costs vary between different types of registration.
We levy an establishment fee for new premises because setting up new premises involves more inspection visits.
To renew your existing permanent amusement device permit:
- Each year we'll send you a filled-out invoice and application form.
- Please make any changes necessary to the application form and sign it.
- Send it to us with the appropriate fee.
- We'll send you your new permit once we receive your application form and fee.
Note: Your registration with WorkSafe is valid for two years and you need to keep the Certificate up to date. Renewing your WorkSafe registration is a separate process to renewing your Amusement Device Permit through Council.