Find out where you can charge your electric vehicle in Hutt City.
Where to find EV charging spaces
There are currently several EV charging spaces in Hutt City:
- 1 Stevens Grove, Lower Hutt 5010 (This is the only EV charging provided by Council.)
- 60 Hutt Rd, Lower Hutt 5012 (Warehouse Petone)
- 611 Marine Drive, Eastbourne 5013
- 11 Oroua Street, Eastbourne 5013
- 114-124 Jackson St, Lower Hutt 5012 (PaK 'n' Save Petone)
- 1 Stevens Road, Stokes Valley
Note: You should only park in EV charging spaces if you're charging an EV car. If you park in an EV charging space with a regular car, you might receive a fine.
How to use an EV charger
There are a few types of chargers, but they all work similarly.
- Find a charging station.
- Plug in your vehicle.
- Start your session via the app, QR code or fob.
- Monitor your charging session via the app.
- Unplug and move your car as soon as you’re done to avoid overstaying fees.
Pricing and Rates
Prices are set at a charging station level. You can find a full list of current charging rates at app.charge.net.nz or on the app.