Street entertainment

If you're planning to be a street musician or busker, you need to get a permit from us and follow Council's guidelines.

To apply for a street musician/busker's licence:

  1. Fill out the Street musician / busker licence application form
  2. We'll send you your licence once the application has been processed.

  • You must keep your licence on you at all times while you're performing.
  • Noise must be kept at a reasonable level and you need to keep doorways clear.

The time it takes to issue a permit depends on your situation and requirements.

A fee of $20 (incl GST) is payable. This only applies to people aged 18 years and over.

The licence fee may be waived for charitable organisations or for an approved fund raiser.