Change your information

Find out what you need to do if you're moving or changing ownership of your dog.

Change of ownership

If you get a dog that is registered under another owner’s name, or you are giving your dog to someone else, you must to fill out our online form within 14 days. This service is free of charge.

Change of Dog Ownership Application

Change of address

If you're moving somewhere within Hutt City, you must tell us in writing within 14 days. Email:

Note: If you hold responsible dog owner status, you will need to re-apply to get it transferred to your new property.

You can transfer your dog's registration from another council for free. To do this fill out the online form below.

Dog Registration Form

Note: Make sure you let your previous council area know of the transfer within six weeks of your move.

Let us know in writing within 14 days. Email:

Contact details