Find out when and how you can appeal a parking ticket.
When you can appeal a parking ticket
You have 56 days from the time you receive a parking ticket to submit an appeal.
To appeal online, you'll need to:
- fill in your parking ticket number and licence plate number
- explain the circumstances you would like us to consider
- provide photographs, screenshots or documents or any other supporting evidence.
Note: It will take up to 10 working days for us to consider your appeal and respond.
How to appeal a parking ticket
For your appeal to be considered, we must receive it on or before the due date on your ticket.
Make sure to include supporting information and evidence, like photographs or confirmation of medical appointments. The more information you give us, the better we can understand your situation as these can help us understand your situation better.
You must have a valid reason to dispute your ticket.
We'll assess your explanation and determine whether your ticket can be waived.
If you want to fill out a paper form, come into the main building at 30 Laings Road.
Good reasons for appeal
If you've received a parking ticket and don't think it's right, you must provide a good reason why, such as:
- another person was using your vehicle
- you no longer own the vehicle
- your vehicle was stolen
- information on the ticket is wrong
- there was an emergency.